21/06/2013

Summer Rain






Pictures by: Jelmer Steenhuis


Hello summer where are you? It's still raining!
I absolutely hate all the raincoats that ruin you're style, so I decided to do this DIY project and make a raincoat myself. You can wear it over you're clothes or over the coat you're wearing. It's a simple made coat inspired on a candybag. The body part is made out of one piece of plastic, that I wrapped it all wrinkled around my waist to get the right form. Then I sowed a white ribbon on the folds for more durability. You can close the coat with the push-buttons on the backside. The hood is also removeable thanks to the push-buttons, so you can wear it as a dress. When the coat was ready and I showed it to some friends, they thought it looked alike to the outfits in the videoclip of Robin Thicke - Blurred lines. Well that could be some new inspiration on how to wear!

Transparent coat: DIY
Plisse Dress: Frensh connection // Buy at: http://www.asos.com/
Shoes: Zara // Buy at: http://www.zara.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment